If you’re ready to start looking for a wedding planner (meaning scheduling a meeting, as opposed to price shopping on an app or a website), there are some essential questions you should ask during your consultation and why they’re important.
Typically, before contacting them, you should check their reviews, blogs, and social media to find out if they’re the right people for you. The second stage would be a face-to-face call to tell them about your big-day ideas and ask them the right questions.
If you need help figuring out what questions to ask a wedding planner, here is a list that will most likely assist you.
It’s essential that you ask for their availability in the first instance. No wonder this is one of the top 10 questions to ask a wedding planner before booking them.
In fact, on your first meeting with the wedding planner, this is the first question you need to ask. You must know they are available on and before the date. Remember that they may be booked up, especially during the busy summer season.
What you need to ask a wedding planner is whether there is common ground when it comes to the budget. Would they be available and interested in working with you based on the allocated amount? This is also considered an important question for your first meeting with the wedding planner.
3. Deciding on vendors
You might want to clarify this challenging task before you hire your planner. One of the top 10 questions to ask your wedding planner is how to make the final decision on your vendors1. Since it is your wedding, you should have the final say regarding which vendors to use. What you need to ask a wedding planner is – Do they work just with certain suppliers? Do they take a commission from their recommended vendors, or are they more objective in their selection process? How do they select the wedding vendors they pitch to you?
4. How do they charge?
This is considered one of the trickiest questions. Before going into the details of how often you should talk to your wedding planner, you need to clear the air regarding their fee. Will there be any hidden charges on top of the flat fee that you have agreed upon? If so, how are these calculated? What’s included in the fee, and what’s not? Make sure to get your notes out on this one and listen carefully so you can avoid an awkward situation later on when the payment is due.
5. How often should you communicate?
If you are wondering about how often you should talk2 to a wedding planner, the answer is as often as possible. They should keep you informed of the most recent developments and guarantee that they are on top of any situation that may arise.
Investing in a professional is always a good idea; it saves you the trouble of organizing everything yourself. In addition, the right planner will relieve you from any stress and anxiety, so what you need to ask your wedding planner before booking them is extremely important.
We strive to deliver excellence when it comes to saving time, energy, and money, and we let you take your course instead of pushing our suggestions. Feel free to get in touch and ask us everything you want to know!
Frequently asked questions
In my initial appointments with couples, I am often asked the following questions, which you may find helpful if you are thinking about working with me:
- Q. Do we have to use your suppliers? A. No, it’s completely up to you. I suggest you consider suppliers based on our previous collaborations, as they have consistently demonstrated reliability and extensive experience.
- Q. Are we going to communicate? A. We communicate via email, phone calls, video calls, in-person meetings, WhatsApp, or text.
- Q. How many people are you going to have working at our wedding? A. We will determine the number of assistants present at your event based on the number of guests in attendance and the level of intricacy involved.
- Q. Why should I hire you to plan my wedding? A. If you appreciate top-notch service, flawless design, and a planning experience that’s free of stress, then our service is perfect for you. We pride ourselves on our friendly approach and excellent organizational skills.
- Q. How do you calculate your service fees?
- A. We have a flat fee investment level for our most requested collections, which you can check on our website. We also offer à la carte quotes if our collections do not fit your requirements.
- Q. Are you available for meetings on weekends or in the evenings? A. We are available for scheduled appointments and meetings on weekends and evenings.
- Q. What exactly is your role as a wedding planner? A. We make sure that everything is in order prior to the wedding so that everything runs smoothly on the big day. In a nutshell, we relieve you of all planning stress and save you a lot of time. For full wedding planning services,we source your suppliers and venue, negotiate contracts on your behalf, manage your budget, RSVP, and coordinate your suppliers on the big day and in the weeks leading up to it.
- Q. What is the number of weddings you organize each season? A. We only accept a select few weddings annually so that we can concentrate on our clients and provide them with an exceptional, fully customized experience.
Read how to plan a wedding in 3 months