Weddings are a wonderful opportunity for loved ones to come together and honour the union of two people. Both the bridal party and their guests will always remember the joy and celebration of a multi-day wedding celebration.
Why are we seeing couples this year wanting to book a 3-day wedding?
Couples want to spend more time with their friends and family.
The reason behind it is breaking the traditional western culture of a long, 24-hour wedding day, where couples and guests had to squeeze everything in on the same day, leaving them exhausted.
Three-day weddings can be either very laid-back events or carefully planned events in addition to the main one, with a tonne of planned activities to extend the celebration.
How are couples planning their wedding over 3 days?
Everyone arrives from out of town on the first day, so a lovely welcome party and meet and greet would be a great experience to get your guests excited, dancing, and chatting.
It’s best to have parties or laid-back dinners in the evening so that everyone has time to get there and relax before the big day formality.
This is typically a cocktail reception that can be combined with a rehearsal dinner, which is traditionally reserved only for the bridal party’s closest family members.
- The second day is usually the main event, wedding day This is the day that you’ve been eagerly anticipating—the reason why everyone has come together in one place.
- Venues can range from the reception location to a hotel. It’s the last goodbye to an unforgettable multi-day wedding.
- After all of the guests have partied their hearts out, the last day is usually quite relaxed, with an after-wedding brunch, pool party, or some sort of decompression activity.
The benefits of having a multi-day wedding
- Having precious time to celebrate with all of the guests. Usually, the big day goes by in a blink, between prep, ceremony, wedding photos, and speeches.
- You can stretch over planned activities instead of trying to cram as much as possible into them.
- A mini-holiday with your loved ones is quite a unique opportunity in someone’s life.
- Curating your guests’ experience in the best possible way is a wonderful opportunity to add some more magic to their wedding.
LET’S CONNECT! And share with us all your fabulous wedding ideas!